Welcome!

I hope you enjoy these recipes that will make your kitchen a place everyone wants to call home. If you have any thoughts or questions about a post, please leave a comment.

November 13, 2011

Simple Sausage and Bean Soup

Simple Sausage and Bean Soup. Simple indeed. Dump some stuff in a pot and you have an amazing soup that is full of flavor and texture. Click HERE for the recipe.

The recipe is open to interpretation - use some kind of sausage and some kind of beans. The original poster used black beans and garbanzos; I used black beans and great northern beans. For sausage, I used a Hungarian sausage that is homemade by the butcher at the local supermarket. It's a basic stuffed sausage, like Italian sausage, and is seasoned with a lot of paprika and garlic and just a hint of anise.

When choosing your ingredients, remember that the sausage you choose is going to influence the taste of your soup as all the spices will infuse the broth.

I made mine in the crockpot, making it super simple. I browned the sausage as directed in the recipe, and then in the same skillet I sauteed the onions and garlic. I deglazed the pan with a bit of the broth, sliced the sausage, and tossed all the ingredients in the crockpot. I cooked it on high for about two hours, and on low for another four hours.

Definitely would make this again! I'd like to try it with Al Fresco Chicken Sausage that comes in a huge variety of great flavors.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's cooking? Thanks for commenting!